York Street gardens will close at 3 p.m. on Oct. 26 and 27 to prepare for Glow at the Gardens.
The pumpkin patch at Chatfield Farms is closed for the season.
Celebrate Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) at Denver Botanic Gardens and experience one of Mexico’s most venerated customs. Originating over 3,000 years ago, Day of the Dead joyfully honors those that have passed and celebrates their memories with calaveras (decorative skulls) and ofrendas (colorful and elaborate offerings).
Themed attire encouraged – wear your finest Day of the Dead “Catrina” and “Catrin” (elegant skeleton) attire and compete for bragging rights in the Themed Attire Competition.
- Listen to traditional Hispanic tunes by Southwest Musicians.
- Watch a live dance performance by Fiesta Colorado Dance.
- Indulge in a specialty cocktail from the cash bar and join us for a themed dinner, available for purchase in Offshoots Café. Here is the menu.
- Enjoy music by solo guitarist Piatro.
- Brush up your Latin dance moves with lessons in merengue, salsa and bachata with music by DJ Vizio.
- Participate in tradition-inspired crafts; get your face painted with Calavera makeup by Snappy Face Painting; purchase a themed plant; try your luck to win a prize in La Loteria (a traditional Mexican bingo game) and much more!
- Remember your family members and loved ones that have passed at a community altar in the Orangery. (Please do not leave any personal items at the altar as items will not be returned. Photocopies are recommended.)
SPECIAL THANKS TO