- Plan Your Visit
- Our Gardens
- Events & Exhibits
- Research & Conservation
- Gardening Resources
- Get Involved
trail of lights
With the foothills as a stunning backdrop, more than one million twinkling lights illuminate a winding path through the Colorado countryside.
Spread throughout Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield, Trail of Lights offers visitors a choice of paths; a shorter route takes visitors directly to the children’s play area, while an extended path allows visitors to explore the Green Farm Barn and silo before continuing onto the children’s area and 1880s homestead.
Fun features this year:
- Synchronized music in children’s play area.
- Synchronized music area near the barn and silo.
- Don’t forget to stop by the warming hut and the fire pit!
- See Trail of Lights from a different perspective: free hayrides highlighting Chatfield’s natural beauty are available on select nights from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Hot drinks will available for purchase and seasonal entertainment will be provided.
- HoloSpex glasses will be available for purchase.
- Illuminated antique and model tractors on display.
- The Hildebrand Ranch will be decorated for the season.
- Skating Rink
Open Dec. 1-31, 5:30-9:30 p.m., located in the Earl J. Sinnamon Visitor Center parking lot
Includes skate rental (must wear socks) - Please do not bring your own skates.
A ticket to Trail of LIghts is required to skate. Children must be 5-years old or older to skate.
Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield
8500 West Deer Creek Canyon Road, Littleton, CO 80128
720-865-4336 General Information; 720-865-4338 Office Manager
Click here for a map to Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield
Dates and Times:
Open nightly, Dec. 30, 2013 through Jan. 1, 2014 (This includes Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1)
5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Non-Peak Admission Dec. 1 - Dec. 12:
Peak Admission Dec. 13 - Jan. 1:
You can buy tickets at the ticket booth at Chatfield, the Bonfils-Stanton Visitor Center at York Street, or you can skip the lines and buy online.
Group of 15 or more: No advance reservation necessary. Please arrive together and make a single payment for your entire group.
- Frequently asked questions
- Members receive two complimentary tickets to Blossoms of Light and Trail of Lights. Members will receive their tickets in the mail.
- Facility Rental Information